Monday, April 12, 2010

Brewed Awakenings



Today, I tried Brewed Awakenings in the South County Commons for the first time. I had wanted to try Brewed Awakenings for quite some time but it was being remodeled. In fact, today was the first official grand reopening! Although I was unable to compare and contrast the old from the new Brewed Awakenings, the interior was extremely comfortable and aesthetically-pleasing. Brewed Awakenings, or "Brewed" for short, was the perfect place for me to try and get some homework done on a nice afternoon. The interior is open and has several areas for watching one of the flat screen TVs, studying, or eating. There is also an impressive stone fire place!

Besides the pleasant interior, Brewed Awakenings also boasts some delicious coffee, frozen drinks, sandwiches, and baked goods. They have a variety of iced and hot coffee flavors. Today, I tried the mocha cinnamon swirl coffee -- a new taste for me, but enjoyable nonetheless. My friend tried the cookie dough frozen drink, a delicious concoction containing an entire M&M cookie.

Evidently, Brewed Awakenings has a faithful line of followers. The grand reopening drew in several customers, excited for Brewed to be back in action. There was even a Facebook group entitled, "Can I Survive Without Brewed?" with over one hundred fifty members. The page featured updates regarding the status of Brewed's remodel. It also served as a forum for customers to share their struggles of dealing with life without Brewed Awakenings.

When I was there today, it seemed like all the customers picked up where they left off. I also noticed a significant amount of URI students. Brewed Awakenings has a casual, quiet atmosphere perfect for studying, reading, or just relaxing. People gathered around tables to sip coffee, sat on the armchairs to use their laptops, and lined up to get their favorite Brewed creations. I felt a little out of place, a Brewed newbie of sorts. My solution? I'll have to go more often.



















Quick Info:

What: Brewed Awakenings
Where: Wakefield
Price Range: Moderate
Best Feature: Comfortable environment

No comments:

Post a Comment