Sunday, March 28, 2010

Simon Says


Simon Says Café in East Greenwich is one of my all-time favorite coffee shops. I first stumbled upon Simon Says when I was about thirteen and thought I was just the coolest person because I could walk there with my friends and get something to eat. Now, however, I am pretty much addicted to Simon's iced coffee. I live on the Warwick-East Greenwich line, so it's really close to home. It's about a twenty five minute drive from URI, but I think the coffee (among other options) is worth the hike. Simon Says is located in the heart of Main Street, so there's usually a steady stream of cafe-goers coming in and out. Simon Says also features free Wifi, so it's an ideal spot to set up a computer and get some work done. If you're computer-less, Simon Says' storefront windows also function as great tools for people-watching. I'll admit, my friends and I have been guilty of drinking coffee while being entertained by the passerbys of Main Street.

Upon entering Simon Says, you will be faced with an impressive chalk board, listing all of the iced/hot coffee flavors of the day. Simon's has the classics, like house blend and hazelnut, but also features specialty flavors like "Jamaican me crazy," mocha vanilla, and mudslide. The flavors are brewed in, so if you are like me and prefer flavor brews rather than flavor shots, Simon Says is ideal.

Besides coffee, Simon Says features a variety of teas, fresh baked goods, and sandwiches. You can have any of their deli sandwiches grilled on their panini-maker which makes any 'ol sandwich taste infinitely better!

Warning: You might become addicted to this wicked good coffee! Fear not, however, because Simon's has a coffee card; for every six coffees you buy, you get one free!

Quick Info:

What: Simon Says Café
Where: East Greenwich
Price Range: Moderate
Best Feature: Iced coffee flavors

No comments:

Post a Comment